GONE

2005/05/16

 

speaking of friends and enemies...

Saturday wasn’t the best day/night for me – the previous evening was something out of a dream - this isn’t Friday night thought, it’s Saturday.

I’m fairly drunk too (understatment)

Keeping it low-key and low-budget I decided to kick back, spin some tunes and maybe play a few games of Halo 2. Adam shows up, unexpected – putting a smile on my surly face and making me feel not-so-lonely – he can dish our the cuts like it’s 1986. We rage it up, drinking, chatting, playing video games and watching the Heat game. He’s a friend – old but good news – classic. We caught up on some things from the past few weeks, str8 chilling and laughing – time goes by when you have fun, especially when the room starts spinning.

It’s laptop time, I recall thinking – drunken emails and drunk calls – maybe I’ll get another cigarette – my phone rings…

Double A is out in da cut, looking to kick back and get some shit off his chest (maybe I should start charging….). He comes over with a surprise, the surprise is puple and it gets hazy after that – woot woot

At one point Double A was an enemy, a competitor in my old business – we learned that competition isn’t the best for business – working together is how you succeed – he should know, he’s the one with a business degree! Anyways, Double A and I squashed our shit years ago over blunts and banana flavored rum. Now we kick it, talk about the old days, circumstances and the future. We have more in common with each other than our skin color, place of birth and old friends – I grew to have a better respect and value for him after the night ended… All it took was a chat and a blunt. We really talked about our personal lives, business minded, relationship oriented, topics we both hate…. Point is, I never really knew these things about him until I asked (he could’ve not told me…). He isn’t the type to willingly chat about said topics, unless… See, that’s the thing, we both took chances years ago – now they’re paying off – based on the chance for a better outcome. I know I don’t go into specifics; our conversations (DoubleA and Mine) don’t leave trails, notes or blogs… I’m barely touching on this since it binds to my 50 million dollar question and what’s going on in my life (so then I’m compelled to blog about it). If you have a friend, take the time to renew your friendship, talk about foriegn topics, challenge, scare, enjoy - it works wonders….

even if it's 3 am...

What a guy


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?