GONE

2005/06/14

 

Still tired..

Yawn

I need more sleep! 9 hours isn’t enough right now. I thought about my sleep this weekend, I got 12 hours of sleep from Friday to Sunday, not cool. Damn late night scene… I think I drove 4.5 hours in one day. PGH -> Home -> Monroeville -> PGH -> Home. Some seque. I wanted Monday to end ASAP, I wanted to go home and relax. Well, I thought that’s what I wanted… I know what I wanted, something I can’t have right now. O well… I’ll distract myself with the comedy and personality of friends…

Last night I got home fairly early from friends; I had chicken with Aaron and his girl Monica (she makes the best fried chicken) then helped Aaron with Cubase and Prologic settings on his computer. He’s got a nice setup for his home studio. He asked me about business plans and what he could do to trick out a profit from his music equipment and production skills – I can give good advice on that…

***
The worst hour of the day is my drive home (unless she’s coming home with me). 2 hours of my day gone and I can’t get them back (at the moment)! I’m not much to bitch or complain but it’s really starting to eat at me; losing time, missing out on opportunities and such. Plus there is a lot of wear-and-tear on my car; 3,000 miles in one month – fuck that! There’s the rotor and break incident too. Plus the $75 dollars I spend in gas, weekly! Not to mention the wear-and-tear on my body!

At first I wasn’t too bothered by my drive. It was the winter, not much to do outside. Now, if I leave the city and go home I have limited activities to enjoy outside. Well, nothing that would motivate me to go back to da cut. Sure, I enjoy taking K to the park and nature walks but I need more to do, culture, entertainment (not the damn TV), educational and chill (coffeeshop, or lounge). Just random bar's and chain resturants...

Socially, there isn’t much for me to do in da cut besides drink (we have parks and such but no one goes, it's not the fun scene). I like a good beer and I like to socialize but not doing each out of necessity for social involvement/interaction. I can not go out (in da cut) to socialize unless it’s at a pub or bar - It's damn near impossible! It's sad, really. I like to go out and focus on conversations and activities, not "what beer should I drink next". Lame. There's more to enjoying yourself than being / getting drunk - I'm not making excuses, I'm speaking from experience. I like to get a drink in me, but not as the main even... feel me?

I’m not making excuse, I’m speaking legit. I've grown up there and I've created some scenes back there. I know what it means to have options and right now I dont feel like I have too many options.

There are numerous reasons why I moved to "the city"

Then I moved back to “da cut”…

Now I’m trying to move out, again..

All I really want is the ability to leave my house and DO THINGS. I do not want to drive somewhere, I’m not into taking the bus either – I would if I found it necessary. I’d like to leave my house, walk to a park or to a café or bookstore – a place where I don’t have to spend money to enjoy myself. I’d like to have the stagger home option to… I like to be close to the action; not soo close that I hear buses going by at all hours of the day and night. That shit drives me INSANE! Buuuuuuuuuuruuruururururuuruurururum - Fuck that!

I want to be close enough that I have options; socially (drinking, chilling, eating, movies), intimate (going to a park, a quiet walk, staying in to enjoy the silence). I want it all! I know what I want when it comes to my living location. I want to have my privacy and I want to have the option to rage it up, socially, drunken or chill.

The more I write the more time I waste not looking for an apartment. Decisions. Where to live; Southside, Bloomfield or other….

So, I’m looking to move out, SOON. Probably on my own since I don’t have dependable friends; well friends that are willing to move to the city. I like da cut and it’s quietness but I need social interaction, oddities and bright lights (I get amazed easily). It’s going to be hassle since I don’t live in the city and find myself looking to live in the city, not another “hills” area. We’ll see….

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?