My scene continued from the brunch table to the hot sun of Pittsburgh's point; 3 Rivers Arts Festival. I did not expect to go. Every year I go it rains, hard. This year was no exception. Luckily we found the beer tent and a spot to relax, chat and be hypnotized by rain ;-)
I must include my lack of energy during the day; specifically from being in the sun and the well but short rest I got the night before. My abs are still hurting...
- Who put the shady in Shadyside? At one point in my life, I did. Now I hope to put a smile on the faces I see, touch the hearts of people who want to know me...
- Little kids / babies are a source of amusement. A childs mind is simple , pure, innocent and truthful. Kids make observations on what they see; the actions of "others". Sure, they stretch things out from time to time, but dont we all? Maybe they're willing to admit what they see freely, simplistically with thought and lacking any qualm.
- Saying "goodbye" can be hard to do...
I'll have you know I never thought I would've enjoyed myself to the degree that I did on Saturday, even Saturday night (included the late late night). Spending time in the park; feet in water, sun shining, random rainstorms, conversation, laughter, arts, culture...these things make me happy. I'm always glad to share these experiences with someone who matters. I'm honored when you share these times with me - quality and quantity. The only time it hurts is when we say goodbye.
I finally got to my cell phone Saturday night, rather late too. Returning calls is a good thing, especially when the people calling you leave hilarious voice mails (thanks Jason). I chatted with Adam, who magically appeared at my door while on the phone with me. We chatted a bit, catching up, discussing and laughing. Adam said something to me, something that honestly hurt me. I thought about it before but never admitted my thoughts to myself. Adam is a blunt characther, especially with his words. I'm not saying his thoughts are mine; his comment is based on his situation and his level of involvement and commitment. Our situations are different and this is the main thing that keeps me positive. I have something not many understand or share. I have her...
per·spec·tive Audio pronunciation of "perspective" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-spktv)
n.
1. A view or vista.
2. A mental view or outlook: “It is useful occasionally to look at the past to gain a perspective on the present” (Fabian Linden).
2. The appearance of objects in depth as perceived by normal binocular vision.
3.
1. The relationship of aspects of a subject to each other and to a whole: a perspective of history; a need to view the problem in the proper perspective.
2. Subjective evaluation of relative significance; a point of view: the perspective of the displaced homemaker.
3. The ability to perceive things in their actual interrelations or comparative importance: tried to keep my perspective throughout the crisis.
4. The technique of representing three-dimensional objects and depth relationships on a two-dimensional surface.
Adam left, I chatted on the tele for ahwile. Did the 3 S's and clamly fell asleep with my thoughts, reflecting on the previous day and the hours that have passed.
I'll have to tell you about the late night scene for Saturday at a later time. I need to eat and find a cigarette.
until then...