Tuesday I had time to visit the fam, situ and jidu, momdukes, my brother and his girlfriend. I've missed them...
...I've missed situ's cooking, even if it's meat and potates.

...and I'm suprised at my stomachs reaction with meat; not good my friends, not good!
There's always the normal catch-up questions we exchange. It's nice to talk about change and advancement. To my family, I'll always be JJ, that young kid with the curly locks, huge forehead and hardy laugh (no pun intented). It brightens my day to hear of my families progress and change in their respective lives.
...and my moms, she's always good ears. She's my best friend. I'm not a mommy's boy either... my moms was the only parent I've had, our bond is abnormal but normal. I'm always thankful to hear her constructive words. She's always eager for advice from her son, however odd it seems.
The baby...

God, I've missed her dearly. I miss the mornings she'd sneak to my room and wake me up, eager to jump on my bed, pull my hair and watch cartoons. My dear, I'll never forget to get you milk and a pillow.
She's gotten taller! She's above my waist-line, maybe 3.5 feet tall. She'll be a tall, beautiful woman one day...I can see it already.
Her vocabulary has grown since I've last chatted with her. It's amazing to see and watch a child grow and learn. Iskabibble.
...and she's not my child. I love hear dearly, with all my heart. I've always known this; I think she feels the same way too.
K - "JJ, You arent mad at me, are you?"
Me - "No honey, I'm not mad at you. JJ had to move closer to work. I'm sorry, I love you, I'll always love you."
K - "ok" ... smiles
...and that brief exchange almost made me cry. those few moments validated everything I've done for this child and everything she's done for me - every minute, every action and every word. Iskabibble. And from her I've learned about my caring and parenting side. From her I've learned what it means to be unconditional. From her I've become a better man... and one day I'll look back, not in anger but with pride. I'll know I'll be a good father (some day) because of her.
Then I felt a brief wind of sadness - le sigh. My own momentary lapse of reason quickly faded...
...And those hours seemed like minutes. play horse, play dora-the-explora, make me laugh, play doggie, play cards, watch sponge bob, hold me, dance with me..."JJ, I miss you."
When we become silhouettes


...I heard you say.