GONE

2005/09/27

 
Fall air feels good...

...maybe it was the impromptu decision I made to leave work early. Wait, maybe it was the realization it was Friday. Actually, a few thoughts were dancing around in that area I like to call my central processing unit.

And I missed her.

But the drive; winding through the back roads, clockin a buck ten at times just dusting people trying to keep up. maybe it's 'the cookies' - yeah - dueling drums add extra bump.

I leave the office, armed with an iPod and a few fresh and heady beats, prepared to enjoy a nice scenic drive. And no, the leaves havent changed - yet - minimal foliage. I turned a slightly boring and bland day into a refreshing and wondrous 4 hour drive with plenty of head nodding and random stops to entertain myself. By 8pm I'm home, alone with the tv - or so I thought.

A few phone calls and acts of randomness on my behalf and I'm in my studio, trying to make sense of it all.

...all of the records laying on the floor, busted synthesizers and old mixers I've collected over the years. Despite the clutter I was able to find a few good records and a few loops on the working synth to enjoy my friday night.

It's easy to fall asleep when your ears are ringing and you're unable to hear much else.

Saturday was quiet and chill, something I enjoyed. A quick stop here, there and then onto my evening job. Saturday evening I had my other business to run; my limo / chauffeur service. I provide quality service with a smile plus, extra benefits. You know, I gotta keep my services diverse; scheming on ways to bring quality to others.

...I could tell she's emotional over the phone. "My luggage isnt here, it hasnt come down the belt - what should I do." Good thing I provide extra services; thoughts and kindness included. When I pulled up to the arrival gate I could see her off in the distance. She looked flustered, tired, emotional and on the verge of crying. But after a long overseas flight, a quick pat-down, a mad dash through a few terminals who could blame her.

So a stop to a local Tar'ge and a fun drive to my house seemed plus the hot shower seemed to lighten her mood. And I didnt double bill her, which I'm sure put a smile on her face. Maybe it's the other services I offered...

The night wasnt over; back to the airport a few hours later (after quite a few attempts to gently wake her) to gather her luggage. Watching her leave the arrival gate I could see the smile on her face; elated - happy she got her belongings back. Will she lug the huge suitcase around next time? Nah.

Sunday. Time to make sense of it all - all the records scattered around the studio, unorganized and gash. A few hours were spent listening to old Steve Miller (the folk Steve Miller stuff) and old house records I grabbed back in 94. Hours passed by, before I knew it 6pm came and went.... time for other things, dinner and comedy.

But first, a knock on the door....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?