GONE

2005/10/14

 
yeah... so, changes were made around here; stuff i meant to do last weekend.

thinking, while listening to old Kruder & Dorfmeister...

I met with Aaron for Pittsburgh's version of a Philly Cheese Steak. Enjoyable dinner filled with conversations about the new iPod, Ice Cream Shoes, Midi Interfaces and hardware vs software (talking about music product, playing). It's always enjoyable to chat with him; seeing as we both live on different sides of the tree of life. It's always good to have opinions of those not in your normal day-to-day scene(s).


Afterwards, I made a quick (what I thought would be quick) stop to Kelly's store for the new Verve Re-Mixed volume 3. See, here's where it starts... me, in a record store trying to save time. Yeah right. I'm like a kid in a candy store... put me near fresh vinyl and my eyes get huge, lit up and eager to satisfy my audio addictions.

Satisfying this need of mine never turns into the quick or short trip I plan... nor is it cheap!

So I'm digging; chatting with Kelly and her boyfriend Tom. Fuck, I cant call him Tom, I've always called him Horse... Horse and I are cool, associates turned friends.

Tom aka Horse likes to rough-house, we start to wrestle. Now, Horse isnt big or muscular... agile and quick fits him! So, we're going at it... equal match, no pins or anything. Fucker pulls a quick one on me when the elevator door opens, slamming me on the ground... I scream and give up! Sigh

After I submit Tom welcomes me to the back and fills the bong, proper...

The 3 of us chat about life in the steel city, things that use to be and things to come. "You know, many heads have moved -- hell, I thought YOU moved -- now things are kinda dead. With the lack of clubs and accommodating venue's we've lost a big portion of the "scene" and those who made the wheels turn." "Tom and I were in San Diego visiting friends, stayed for an extra week and decided to move to the left..."

"I'm old"
Kelly's 30 _something_
"It's time for a change... Pittsburgh isnt what it used to be..."

So, as of October 31st, Pittsburgh will NOT have a store that caters to DJ's and all things 'tronica. Sigh. So, to help Kelly and her expenses with moving, I purchased a couple hundred dollars worth of vinyl.

So, looks like I'll be going to illAdeplphia for my vinyl, which is fine with me. Although, the convenience of driving 5 minutes for new tunes has more appeal than driving 4 hours. Sigh. So, 611, here I come....

Speaking of illy... I'm headed out to see Marc's side project. I think AWD will be in attendance; hopefully the older heads are there too... Mitesh, Myatt, Jazztafari, E-Lynn, Chuuuuuuuurl, Jon... I hope! Fuck, I should give AV DRAV a call...

Sorry.. got lost in my thoughts...

Anyways, after the 1.5 hours of being "milked" I made it home to start the geekier portion of my evening. Yes, Video Game League Night. Yeah... I know!

Can we say 0wnage - ha - 40 minutes of intense, profane and humorous slaying... "wait, isnt there an objective here..."

Good times.

Before I went to sleep I received a few txt messages, drunken txt messages (both parties were a bit buzzed...). Funny! But you know, this past week has been great for us, even though we've both dealt with this sickness. We've been there for each other all week; hearing the complaints and sighs of being sick. But in our moments of well-being we've shared deep thoughts and feelings, rhetoric that would've messed things up months ago... The new rock is the couch, so I'm told. I think she knows how much I care... she can see it in my eyes. I'll save the winey love story for another time.


Now today, things have been wicked all day! I'm feeling GOOOD! I think the germies are losing the battle, for now at least. Took care of the monthly bills, got the permits I need for the house, made "weatherization" plans for the weekend, took care of League stuff, got my work done by noon, emailed... yeah, it's been good!

Plus it's FRYDAY! I have a huge stack of new vinyl waiting for me at the house -- fucks yeah -- and the weather's marvelous today!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?